The S&S Vision Declaration
Our 21 Points Of Light
Sound & Silence promises we will always:
1) Be a safe place for highly sensitive people
2) Be a small and intimate gathering. We will never sell more than 333 tickets
3) Be a one stage/space event. No FOMO. At S&S, we journey together
4) Honor the land, people and customs of the local places we gather
5) Be environmentally friendly and use clean, sustainable practices
6) Be a pure and sober event. No drugs or alcohol welcome in our event spaces
7) Be a Live Music event. We only have 1-2 dj sets per event. The rest is pure instrumental & vocal
8) Be a VIP FREE zone. You will never hear or see the words VIP. Everyone is equally important!
9) Be in a breathtaking place in nature, far away from city noise and large crowds
10) Be near a healing source of water (sea, lake, river, cenote etc.)
11) End our nights well before midnight (we start our yoga early!)
12) Be an inclusive event, open to everyone, regardless of background and economic situation
13) Have exquisite artistry, profound group workshops, and offer powerful healing arts
14) Have healthy and delicious food at a reasonable price
15) Be a gathering by artists for artists (and everyone is an artist!)
16) Strive to be a transformational gathering based on authenticity, kindness and love
17) Be a family friendly festival
18) Leave plenty of free time to enjoy the local atmosphere
19) Be a playful interplay between sound & silence, movement & stillness
20) Showcase new and incredible artistry
21) Promise to offer magic in abundance…
Agony & Ecstacy
It is often said that "one should never air their dirty laundry in public", and in many cases this is certainly wise advice. However, when it comes to community, I feel that transparency, discernment and disclosure are vital. And when it comes to me personally, nothing less than radical honesty and vulnerability is acceptable. Above all else, I am here to grow, and that means passing through the fires of truth and transformation, and dancing with my shadows over and over again.
It also means to face the music.
As the brilliant creator of the Gene Keys, Richard Rudd, always says - "Every shadow contains a gift." And why keep that gift to yourself, when it can be shared and used as a manna and medicine to heal yourself and others?
Alexander is the founder and creative director of S&S Gatherings, and he loves to write! Here is a collection of some of his writings, musings and sharings. Feel free to leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!